My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: 7-Day Garden Route, Addo & Winelands Combo9 Reviews
Embark on a 7-day tour of the Garden Route, Cape Winelands, Addo National Park, Cape Point, and southeast coast of South Africa. Look for wild animals, zipline over a gorge, walk with orphaned elephants, and much more.
- Sample fine wines and join the Wine Tram in the Cape Winelands
- Enjoy an Addo safari drive, looking for wild elephant herds and the Big 5
- Chill out with some beach time in the surf town of Jeffery's Bay
- Walk with the elephants in natural settings
- Paddle through nature scenes as you glide along calm rivers in Wilderness area.
DescriptionGet the ultimate Western Cape and Eastern Cape experience and explore the winding roads from Cape Town to Addo National Park. See the grand wine estates of the legendary Cape Winelands and learn about the proud cultures and traditions of the nation's diverse people. Swim in the Indian Ocean, surf the waves of 'J’Bay' or brave the amazing Bloukrans Bridge Bungee Jump. This is a combo tour package including a 2-day Western Cape tour and 5-day Garden Route tour; your vehicle, guide and tour members can change during the trip. Day 1: Stellenbosch, Paarl, Franschhoek Winelands Sample wine paired with cheese at Fairview wine estate and with chocolate at Muratie winery in the scenic Cape Winelands. Join a 15-minute wine tram journey to Rickety Bridge in the historic town of Franschhoek. Join the Taste & Tram along the Cape Winelands small group day tour (or similar). Continue to spend time in Franschhoek for lunch before you return to overnight in Cape Town at Never@home Backpackers, 3-star Sea Point protea hotel. Day 2: Cape Point Travel via Chapman's Peak towards Cape Point. After a short hike to the top of the lighthouse and a stroll down to the Cape of Good Hope or Diaz Beach, journey along Boulder's Beach to visit the penguins and drive past colourful beach huts at Muizenberg Beach. Return for an overnight stay in Cape Town at Never@home Backpackers, 3-star Sea Point protea hotel. Day 3: Oudtshoorn Capture the beauty of the high mountains and rugged Karoo plains on a drive along the legendary Route 62. Stop for a drink at a famous country pub, and then enter the magical chambers of the Cango Caves. Explore the narrow passages and vast halls filled with ancient stalactites. Return to the wild for an optional 4x4 game drive at Buffelsdrift Private Game Reserve for a possible sighting of resident rhino and giraffe (subject to availability). Stay the night in Oudtshoorn at the Backpackers Paradise, 3-star Yamkela guesthouse B&B, 4-star Buffelsdrift Lodge or 4-star Surval Boutique Olive Farm. Day 4: Jeffrey's Bay Face your fear and jump from the world's highest bungee jump at the Bloukrans Bridge, choose to zip line over waterfalls, or explore the surrounding forest in the Tsitsikamma area. Fall in love with giant elephants on an optional bush walk. Visit an ostrich farm before spending the night in the Jeffrey's Bay area at the Island Vibe Backpackers, 3-star Mandyville guesthouse or 4-star African Perfection guesthouse. Day 5: Jeffrey's Bay Explore the marine reserve in Tsitsikamma National Park and admire the dramatic coastal and forest landscape. Look for wild beasts on a 3-hour game drive by tour bus at Addo Elephant National Park, home to the most dense population of wild elephants on the planet. Return to Jeffrey's Bay for your overnight stay at the Island Vibe Backpackers, 3-star Mandyville guesthouse or 4-star On The Beach guesthouse. Day 6: Wilderness Go for an early morning surf or just chill out and go for a walk in the forest. Visit The Heads and watch the sea crash through 2 massive sandstone cliffs at Knysna. Spend the night in the Wilderness area at the Island Vibe Backpackers, 3-star Greywood, or 4-star Protea Hotel Knysna Quays hotel. Day 7: Cape Town/Stellenbosch Enjoy a walk on white pristine beaches along the Indian Ocean coastline and then canoe on the Wilderness lagoon and watch the birdlife as you glide over the water. Travel back to Cape Town or Stellenbosch for a late evening arrival.
IncludesPick-up and drop off at your accommodation or preferred location in the Cape Town area or from Stellenbosch Wine and cheese tastings Port and chocolate tastings/pairings Adventure tour at the Cango Caves Tour of an ostrich farm Entrance to Addo National Park Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park 3-hour game drive by tour bus in Addo National Park Wilderness canoeing Local driver/guide Transportation by licensed and insured vehicle(s) 6 nights accommodation as per your selected option Cape of Good Hope entrance fee 15-minute wine tram trip to Rickety Bridge wine tasting
- This is a combo tour package including a 1-day Winelands, 1-day Cape Point, and 5-day Garden Route tour
- Optional activities are pre-booked for your convenience but are weather dependent and can only be paid for and confirmed on the day of the activity. Bring your credit or debit card as most activity providers and shops accept card payments
- The exact itinerary is subject to change and may need to run in a different order or with overnight stays in Hermanus, Stellenbosch, or Cape Town on occasion
- Free hotel pickup transfers from your preferred pickup address in and around Cape Town within a 10-kilometer radius of the CBD or from Stellenbosch.
- Pickup time is usually between 6 to 8 am, subject to the tour. You will receive confirming of your exact pickup time about a day before departure
- Accommodation may change to a similar star grade if the preferred options are not available. Accommodation can only be confirmed after the tour is booked