My Guide Website?
Garden Route, Addo and Winelands: 7-Day Combo from Cape Town9 Reviews
Embark on a 7-day tour of the Garden Route, Cape Winelands, Addo National Park, Cape Point, and southeast coast of South Africa. Look for wild animals on safari, explore lush forests, and much more.
- Sample fine wines and join the Wine Tram in the Cape Winelands
- Enjoy an Addo safari drive, looking for wild elephant herds and the Big 5
- Chill out with some beach time in the surf town of Jeffery's Bay
- Walk with the elephants in natural settings
- Paddle through nature scenes as you glide along calm rivers in Wilderness area.
DescriptionThe ultimate Garden Route experience - explore the winding roads from Cape Town to Addo National Park. This is a combo tour package including a 2-day Western Cape tour and 5-day Garden Route tour; your vehicle, guide and tour members can change during the trip. Day 1 & 2: Cape Winelands & Cape Point Sample wine paired with cheese at Fairview wine estate and with chocolate at Muratie winery in the scenic Cape Winelands. Join a 15-minute wine tram journey to Rickety Bridge in the historic town of Franschhoek. Join the Taste & Tram along the Cape Winelands small group day tour (or similar). Continue to spend time in Franschhoek for lunch before you return to overnight for 2 nights in Cape Town as per your selected package: (Saver) Never@home Backpackers, (Comfort) 3-star Sea Point Protea or Sky hotel, (Deluxe) 4-star Garden Court Hotel Victoria Junction or similar. Travel via Chapman's Peak towards Cape Point. After a short hike to the top of the lighthouse and a stroll down to the Cape of Good Hope, journey along Boulder's Beach to visit the penguins and drive past colourful beach huts at Muizenberg Beach. Return to your overnight stay in Cape Town. Day 3: Oudtshoorn Capture the beauty of the high mountains and rugged Karoo plains on a drive along the legendary Route 62 to reach and explore the Cango Caves. Stay the night in Oudtshoorn: (Saver) Uthando Backpackers, (Comfort) 3-star Yamkela Guesthouse, Deluxe) 4-star Buffelsdrift Lodge or similar. Day 4: Addo Fall in love with giant orphaned elephants on an optional bush walk. Visit an ostrich farm before spending the night in Addo town: (Saver) Avoca Cabins, (Comfort) 3-star Gerlads Gift Guesthouse, (Deluxe) 4-star Addo Wildlife Lodge or similar. Day 5: Addo, J’bay Look for wildlife on a game drive by tour bus at Addo Elephant National Park, home to the most dense population of wild elephants on the planet. Opt in to an extra Addo 4x4 safari led by a ranger. Chill at J’bay beach: swim, surf or partake in optionals like beach horse riding or sand boarding. Stay at Jeffrey's Bay: (Saver) Island Vibe Backpackers, (Comfort) 3-star Sea Whisper, (Deluxe) 4-star On The Beach Guesthouse. Day 6: Wilderness Face your fear for an optional jump from the world's highest bungee bridge at the Bloukrans, zip-line over waterfalls or have more time to explore the Tsitsikamma National Park. Visit The Heads viewpoint at Knysna. Stay at Wilderness area: (Saver) PiliPili Backpackers, (Comfort) 3-star Fairy Knowe, (Deluxe) 4-star Dolphin Dune. Day 7: Wilderness Canoe peacefully in nature at the Wilderness region and watch abundant birdlife while rowing to a waterfall. Choose to visit Mossel Bay beach or partake in an optional 4x4 Botlierskop Game Reserve Safari before arriving back in the Cape at evening (about 9 pm).
IncludesPick-up and drop off at your accommodation or preferred location in the Cape Town area or from Stellenbosch Accommodation and bedding for 6 nights (as per package selected - upgrades available with supplier) Transportation by minivan with air-conditioning Local qualified tour guide Wine and cheese tastings Wine and chocolate pairings Adventure tour at the Cango Caves Tour of an ostrich farm Entrance to Addo National Park Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park 4x4 Game drive by tour bus in Addo National Park Wilderness canoeing Cape of Good Hope entrance fee Rickety Bridge wine tasting (about 15 min) A portion of your trip fee is donated to help fund local community projects that the 2Cchange non-profit organisation support
- This is a combo tour package including a 1-day Winelands, 1-day Cape Point, and 5-day Garden Route tour
- Optional activities are pre-reserved for your convenience by the tour operator but can only be paid for and confirmed on the day of the activity (due to weather). Most activity providers and shops accept card payments.
- The exact itinerary is subject to change and may need to run in a different order.
- Free hotel pickup transfers from your preferred pickup address in and around Cape Town within a 10-kilometer radius of the CBD or from Stellenbosch.
- Pickup time is usually between 6 to 8 am, subject to the tour. You will receive confirming of your exact pickup time about a day before departure. Drop off after tour is usually very late in afternoon/evening - please do not schedule anything for your first or last day of trip.
- Accommodation may change to a similar star grade if the preferred option is not available. Specific accommodation can only be confirmed after payment.