Hop-on Hop-off Door-to-Door Bus Between Cape Town & Durban
Enjoy the freedom to discover South Africa at your own pace with a hop-on hop-off door-to-door bus service with unlimited time of travel on the garden route & the wild coast. Choose 1 direction & stop where you want between Cape Town & Durban.
- Travel in the comfort of a 19 seater semi-luxury bus with on board wifi, USB port, TV & DVD, air conditioning
- Plan your own route
- Meet fellow travelers who share your passion for exploring and adventure, share your travel tips and have fun with people from all over the world
- Enjoy freedom and flexibility, organise your plans long in advance or last minute, change your mind and update your travel itinerary without fees
- Get picked-up & drop-off at the door of the best accommodations South Africa offer (choose between top hostels, guest-houses or hotels from our list)
DescriptionChoose your direction, from Cape-Town to Durban or vice versa and plan your own itinerary, decide which stops you would like to make, and how much time you want to spend in each town. There is no time limit on your ticket, it will only expire when you reach your final destination (Cape Town or Durban). However please note you can only travel in one direction. Choose your desired pick-up and drop-off points from a list of over 200 accommodations in Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Hermanus, Swellendam, Mossel Bay, Oudtshoorn, George, Wilderness, Sedgefield, Knysna, Plettenberg Bay, Bloukrans Bridge, The Crags, Storm River, Jeffrey's Bay, Port Elizabeth, Alexandria, Port Alfred, East London, Chintsa, Hogsback, Mthatha, Coffee Bay, Mdumbi, Bulungula, Port St Johns, Mpande, Kokstad, Umtentweni, Umzumbe, & Warner Beach. Enjoy the flexibility to get on and off as many times as you want, wherever you want, in one direction, for as long as you want. Your ticket has no time limit and no expiry date so if you fall in love with one of the stops, you can extend your stay to work, volunteer or play and continue your journey later! Either pre-book all of your stretches in advance or book each section of your itinerary as you travel if you prefer to be more spontaneous (at least 72 hours notice is recommended). There is a bus every day in both direction between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, and 4 days a week between Port Elizabeth and Durban. Reserve your desired bus rides with the local tour operator by providing your name, ticket number, departure date, pick-up town and accommodation and drop-off point. You will be given a confirmation number for each stretch. Buses only run during the days and not during nights. Buses are 19 seater semi-luxury buses with onboard Wifi, USB port, TV, DVD players, air conditioning and trailers capable of carrying surfboards and bicycles. Please note that all accommodation needs to be booked directly with establishment of your choice. Each year the local tour operator selects the best accommodations South Africa has to offer and collect and drop off from their doors. From backpackers hostels, guest houses, lodges and hotels, the establishements on their list suit every budget and travel style. Also note that some of the locations shown on the map with dotted lines (Stellenbosch, Hermanus, Oudtshoorn, Hogsback, Coffee Bay, Bulungula, Mdumbi, Port St Johns, Mpande, Southern Drakensberg, St Lucia) are only accessible through the use of independent shuttle services (not included in the ticket price) which link to the bus route. If you require shuttle services, you will need to pre-arrange them directly with the accommodation offering the service.
IncludesFuel surcharge Shared transfer with friendly, helpful and experienced driver The driver will be using a headset for passengers to hear him clearly Accommodation pick-up and drop off (selected accommodation only, refer to Departure list) Trailer attached so you can bring along your bike, surfboard or golf set, etc. No extra charge when changing trip details before the pick-up time On board information files about accommodations and activities in each town Shuttle cost for inaccessible areas Accommodation Meals Activities
- - Refer to timetable and days of departure for each bus when planning your itinerary - Refer to Arrival and Departure List to choose your pick-up point and book your accommodations - Reserve your seats in advance with the local supplier as seating is subject to availability - Times given on the timetable are only a guideline. Times depend on traffic, roadworks, etc. - Not wheelchair accessible - A maximum of 8 people per booking
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY