My Guide Website?
Jeffreys Bay: Learn to Surf Group Lesson1 Reviews
Learn to surf at one of South Africa's most pristine beaches. Learn how to paddle, catch waves, stand up, and ride the wave toward the beach for the first time.
- Learn to surf at Jeffreys Bay's oldest surf school, established in 2000
- Stand up and ride your first ever wave
- Get the support of a qualified and professional coach
- Have the convenience of being within walking distance of all the surf stores
- Participate in a lesson that is suitable for all ages
DescriptionThis learn-to-surf program is an all-inclusive lesson plan for beginner surfers. Follow a five-step program, with the ultimate goal of the lesson being to paddle, catch the wave, stand up and finally ride the wave toward the beach. For these lessons to be successful, groups are kept small so that each individual learner gets the necessary attention they require. Steps one to three are first explained and demonstrated on the beach, following this, they are put to practice in the ocean (in waist-deep water). Once steps one to three have been practiced successfully, you'll once again return to the beach with your instructor and go through the final two steps. Return to the ocean and practice these steps in order to achieve the ultimate goal of the surf lesson; standing up and riding a wave. At the end of the lesson, you'll be equipped with the necessary skills to practice basic surfing on your own.
IncludesBoard and wetsuit Qualified instructor Changing rooms Storage for belongings Card facilities available
- Surfing lessons are weather and ocean-dependent and can be rescheduled or canceled due to extreme weather or ocean conditions