My Guide Website?
Tsitsikamma National Park: Blackwater Tubing17 Reviews
Navigate downstream on a specialized 1-man inflatable river tube. Embark on an unforgettable journey through Tsitsikamma’s diverse habitat of forests, rivers, and unique coastline all in one extraordinary excursion.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Eastern Cape:If youʻre booking your trip to Eastern Cape last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Tsitsikamma’s diverse habitat of forests, rivers, and unique coast on an inflatable tube
- Navigate the phenomenal river by means of flat water paddling, bouldering, and tube with spectacularly unique scenery
- See the Storms River Mouth Suspension Bridges in the famous Tsitsikamma National Park from a new perspective
DescriptionStart your trip with a 20-minute scenic forest drive from Storms River Village to the drop off point in the Goesa Nature Reserve. Receive your tube and get fully kitted out with specialized equipment. Then, be guided by a local expert guide taking a steep 800m walk down the side of the gorge gets you to river's edge. Then, for the next 4-5 hours negotiate your way down this phenomenal river by means of flatwater paddling, bouldering, optional tube, and cliff jumps. Experience lots of laughs and spectacularly unique scenery along the way. At the half-way point, stop for a recharge with a chocolate bar and a tube balancing session. Then, follow the cascade down double dumper which brings you to your last few pools before the canyon majestically opens out at the Storms River Mouth Suspension Bridges in the famous Tsitsikamma National Park. Exit the river at the concrete jetty bringing you to the suspension bridge boardwalk. Enjoy a 20-minute walk back to the parking area where the shuttle bus awaits you. Drive for 20 minutes back through the National Park to Storms River Village for a well-earned hot shower.
IncludesHelmet Tube and guides Park fees Refreshments
- • This tour is weather dependant and will be confirmed 24 hours prior to your activity date
- Experience may vary according to changing river levels and weather conditions; please call a day in advance for advice
- Not suitable for children under 12 years old or very unfit people
- There are many steps and bouldering sections which may not be suitable for people with weak hip or leg joints • Most trips are conducted with medium-low to low water levels and so entail pool paddling, bouldering and walking, tube jumps, swimming, and optional rock jumps up to 8m in height; short pour-over and shoot rapids are water level dependent
- Wetsuits are not mandatory but if you want one you can hire one