Walmer Golf Club - Easterncape
Are you a business owner in Eastern Cape?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Eastern Cape.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
Directions to Walmer Golf Club
The Walmer Golf Club, Port Elizabeth, or more fondly known as Little Walmer, was founded in 1897, which makes it one of the oldest golf clubs in South Africa. It is a nine-hole course with 18 different tee-boxes. Surrounded by a brand new golfing estate, Walmer Golf Club provides any golfer with many challenging holes, regardless of handicap. Its signature hole is the par-three 6th which is only 127 meters long, but one’s tee shot must be accurate, to avoid getting the ball wet in the pond which extends right up to the green.
When the Walmer Golf Club Estate was established in Port Elizabeth in 2005, a new clubhouse was built, as well as five new and challenging greens. A state-of-the-art water reticulation system ensuring well-watered fairways and greens throughout the year, was also installed. The Club House is a two-storied building with all the necessary and modern facilities. Walmer Golf Club's bar will quench your thirst satisfactorily after a good round of golf. Excellent caterers provide nourishing halfway house refreshments, as well as outstanding meals at reasonable prices.
See here for a list of Walmer Golf Club's 2011 fixtures.
The course at Walmer Golf Club is open 7 days a week and visitors are welcome at any time.
NUMBER OF HOLES - 9 holes / 18 tee boxes
GREEN FEE GUIDE - 18 holes - affiliated R115, non-affiliated R160, juniors/seniors R60
PRACTICE RANGE AND GREEN
Membership Subscriptions – 2011
- No entrance fees apply (for a limited period only).
- Subscriptions include VAT, affiliation fees to EPGU, ECWGA, SAGA and HNA membership cards.
- Any new member joining from 4th November 2010 pays the rate for 2011 but may play from the date of joining until the end of 2010 at no extra cost.
- Ladies fees remain the same as in 2010 and also includes 5 free golf lessonsper year (as part of a group) for ladies renewing their subscriptions and 10 free golf lessons (as part of a group) for any new lady members.
- New junior categories apply to differing ages – all junior members get free monthly golf lessons (as part of a group).
- Any member joining after 1st April 2011 pays a pro rata rate for the remainder of that year.
- Members / visitors cannot play in competitions unless they have official SAGA handicap.
- Limited members can play in club & sponsored competitions provided they pay visitors green fees and the appropriate competition entry fee.
- OFFER - Introduce a new member and qualify for 3 months all-in green fees.
|Full Male Member||R2320|
|Full Lady Member||R1810|
|Intermediate (19-25 yrs)||R1000|
|Student / Teen (14 - 18 yrs)||R500|
|Scholar (under 14)||R350|
|Family (2 adults, 2 juniors)||R4500|
All-In (Pre-paid) Green Fees
- All-in green fees only apply from the 1st January.
- Rates are based on 52 rounds per year, discounted by 25%
- Members choosing to become all-in members must pay their subscription in addition to pre-paid green fee prices listed below.
|Seniors / Students / Intermediate / Limited||R1850|
|Juniors (under 18's)||R1250|
(New prices effective from August 2010)
Members’ Green Fees:
|9 Holes||18 Holes|
|Student / Snr / Inter / Ltd||R35||R40||R45||R50|
Visitors Green Fees:
|9 Holes||18 Holes||All Day|
|Student / Senior||R50||R70||R100|
Members’ Guest / Reciprocity / Groups (min. 10 players):
R45 & R50 (9 holes midweek & weekend respectively)
R70 & R75 (18 holes midweek & weekend respectively)
R45 - Unlimited golf after 2pm every day / Senior Thursday (inc. Water levy)
Competition Fee: R25
Water Levy: R5
|9 Holes||18 Holes||All Day|
Promotion: Buy 10 green fees, get 1 free
You may also like
St Francis Links Golf CourseSt-Francis, Eastern Cape
St. Francis Links is a Jack Nicklaus designed golf course situated along South Africa’s Garden Route between Plettenberg Bay and Port Elizabeth.............
East London Golf ClubEast-London, Eastern Cape
“Home of The Africa Open” Regarded by all as a course every golfer should play, the East London Golf Club is one of South Africa's must play golf courses..........
Port Elizabeth Golf ClubPort-Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Port Elizabeth Golf Club is a premier golf club located in the heart of the Port Elizabeth.............
Humewood Golf ClubPort-Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape is home to Humewood Golf Club. Humewood is one of South Africa’s top 10 golf courses. It is also the venue for the South African Ope
Bedford Golf ClubBedford, Eastern Cape
Bedford gold course is a 9 hole golf course situated in the charming and picturesque Eastern Cape town of Bedford.............