My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: 5-Day Best of Garden Route & Addo Safari59 Reviews
Discover South African wildlife in some of the country's best national parks, traveling along the Garden Route. In this untamed paradise on the southeastern coast you can set your sense of adventure free at beaches, on safari, on ziplines and lots more.
- Go on safari to see most of the Big Five at Addo Elephant National Park
- Zipline through the luscious Tsitsikamma forest
- Hike over suspension bridges with views of a secret beach
- Paddle through the staggering scenery and abundant birdlife
- Jump from the highest commercial bridge bungy
DescriptionDay 1: Route 62Travel about 400 km Start with a morning pickup from Cape Town and Stellenbosch, between 6 - 7 AM.Travel along Route 62, the longest wine route in the world, with a wine-tasting stop (non-alcoholic tasting available too) before reaching Oudtshoorn in the semi-desert Klein Karoo in the late afternoon. For a close encounter with Mother Nature, opt in to join rangers on an Elephant Educational Bush Walk (at extra cost) as they follow 3 lovable rescued elephants along the waterhole, learning about these gentle giants' background. Then, spend overnight at Uthando Backpackers (if you choose the Saver Dorm package), at 88 van Rheede (if you choose the 3* Comfort package), or Buffelsdrift Lodge (if you choose the 4* Deluxe package). Day 2: OudtshoornTravel about 250 km Visit a working ostrich farm to learn about the largest, flightless bird in the world. Next, head to the mountains to go deep underground in the illuminated wonder world of the Cango Caves. Explore the vast halls filled with ancient stalactites before traveling onward to the Addo region. Spend overnight at Avaco Cabins, Gerald's Gift (if you choose the 3* Comfort package) or Addo Wildlife lodge (if you choose the 4* Deluxe package). Day 3: Addo, Jeffreys BayTravel about 250 km An early morning start allows the best option to spot wildlife as the bush awakes in Addo Elephant National Park, the 3rd largest national park in South Africa. You can join the optional 4x4 game drive (with extra cost). Next, go on the included 2-hour safari with your guide. Navigate the park in the tour van in search of some of the Big Five animals, including 550 elephants, buffalo, lions, black rhinos, and zebras. Spend your afternoon relaxing with free time at Jeffreys Bay's beach. Choose between surf lessons, beach horseback riding, or sand boarding (all optional at extra cost). Spend overnight at Island Vibe, Sea Whisper (if you choose the 3* Comfort package), or On The Beach lodge (if you choose the 4* Deluxe package). Day 4: Tsitsikamma, SedgefieldTravel about 250 km Experience the highest Bungy Bridge Jump in the world or Waterfall Zipline over waterfalls in the nearby Tsitsikamma forest (optional at extra cost). Next, see Tsitsikamma National Park. Take a short walk to the suspension bridges before a photo stop at Knysna's lagoon en route to Sedgefield. Spend overnight at Pili Pili Beach Cabanas, Fairy Knowe (if you choose the 3* Comfort package), or Dolphin Dunes Lodge (if you choose the 4* Deluxe package). Day 5: WildernessTravel about 450 km Take to the water for a leisurely canoeing session to a secret waterfall along the rivers of the Wilderness region. On the journey back to Cape Town, spot wildlife on a 4x4 Botlierskop game drive (at extra cost) or relax at Mossel Bay's Diaz Beach after walking to the Cape St Blaize lighthouse. Your adventure ends with an evening drop-off at your Cape Town or Stellenbosch accommodation between 8 - 10 PM.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation (within a 10-kilometer radius of Cape Town and from Stellenbosch) Friendly local qualified tour guide Transportation in minivan with air-con Accommodation for 4 nights (as per option selected) Upgrades are available directly with the supplier 4 breakfasts Cango Caves adventure tour Ostrich farm tour Entrance to Addo National Park Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park Game drive in Addo National Park by tour bus (about 2 hours) Wilderness canoeing Route 62 wine tasting A portion of your trip fee is donated to help fund local community projects that the 2Cchange non-profit organisation support
- Please note, the tour itinerary can run in reverse or a different order to ensure the optimal experience as per the season
- Optional activities are weather dependent, and can only be booked and paid for on the tour.
- Pickup time is usually about 06:00 to 07:00 on the morning of departure. An email will be sent confirming the exact pick-up time a day before the tour departs
- Prices of optional activities are subject to change and are seasonal
- Accommodation may change to a similar star grading option if the preferred options listed are not available. Accommodation can only be confirmed after the tour is paid for in full
- Double and twin rooms require a minimum and maximum of 2 customers per room
- Leopards are nocturnal hunters, evasive, and not contained by fences so it's unlikely to see them during these game drives, especially rare in the mountainous and dense vegetation regions of the Western Cape and Garden Route.