My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: 5-Day Best of Garden Route & Addo Safari75 Reviews
Discover South African wildlife in some of the country's best national parks, traveling along the Garden Route. In this untamed paradise on the southeastern coast you can set your sense of adventure free at beaches, on safari, on ziplines and lots more.
- Go on safari to see most of the Big Five at Addo Elephant National Park
- Zipline through the luscious Tsitsikamma forest
- Hike over suspension bridges with views of a secret beach
- Paddle through the staggering scenery and abundant birdlife
- Jump from the highest commercial bridge bungy
DescriptionDay 1: Route 62 (travel about 400 km) Start with a morning pickup from Cape Town and Stellenbosch. Travel along Route 62, the longest wine route in the world, with a wine-tasting stop (non-alcoholic tasting available too) before reaching Oudtshoorn by late afternoon. For a close encounter with Mother Nature, opt in to join elephant guides on an Elephant Observation Nature Walk (at extra cost) and follow 3 lovable rescued elephants in their natural Cango Valley bush veld habitat. Overnight at Uthando Backpackers (dorm or saver package) or 88 van Rheede Guesthouse (3* comfort package) or Buffelsdrift Lodge (4* deluxe package). Day 2: Oudtshoorn (travel about 400 km excluding safari drives) Visit a working ostrich farm and see the largest flightless birds in the world. Next, head to the mountains to go deep underground in the illuminated wonder world of the Cango Caves, exploring vast halls filled with ancient stalactites before traveling onward to the Addo region. Overnight at Avaco Cabins (dorm or saver package) or Gerald's Gift (comfort package) or Addo Wildlife lodge (deluxe package). Day 3: Addo, Jeffreys Bay (travel about 200 km) An early morning start allows the best option to spot wildlife as the bush awakes in Addo Elephant National Park, the 3rd largest national park in South Africa. Join the park's optional 4x4 game drive or simply take the included 2-hour safari bus drive. Along with. your guide, search for some of the big five, which includes elephants, buffalos, lions, leopards, and rhinos. Spend your afternoon relaxing with free time at Jeffreys Bay's Beach. Choose between surfing, beach horseback riding, or sand boarding (all optional at an extra cost). Overnight at Island Vibe (dorm or saver package) or Sea Whisper (3* comfort package) or On The Beach Lodge (4* deluxe package). Day 4: Tsitsikamma, Sedgefield (travel about 250 km) Experience the highest bungy jump bridge in the world, Waterfall Zipline over waterfalls in the nearby Tsitsikamma forest for even more optional adventure (at extra cost) or spend more time in Tsitsikamma National Park. Take a short walk to the suspension bridges before a photo stop at Knysna's lagoon en route to Sedgefield. Overnight at Pili Pili Beach Cabanas (dorm or saver) Fairy Knowe (3* comfort) or Dolphin Dunes (4* deluxe). Day 5: Wilderness (travel about 450 km excluding safari drives) Take to the water for a leisurely canoeing session to a secret waterfall along the rivers of the wilderness region. On the journey back to Cape Town, spot wildlife on a 4x4 Botlierskop game drive (at extra cost) or relax at Mossel Bay's Diaz Beach after walking to the Cape St Blaize lighthouse. Your adventure ends with an evening drop-off at your Cape Town or Stellenbosch accommodation.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation (within a 10-kilometer radius of Cape Town and from Stellenbosch) Tour guide Transportation in an air-conditioned minivan Accommodation for 4 nights (as per option selected) 4 breakfasts Cango Caves adventure tour Ostrich farm tour Entrance to Addo National Park Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park 2-hour game drive in Addo National Park by tour bus Wilderness canoeing Route 62 wine tasting
- The tour itinerary can run in a different order to ensure the optimal experience as per the season
- In peak season (Dec 10-Jan 10) you may stay for 2 nights in Jeffreys Bay instead of Addo
- Optional activities are weather dependent and can be paid for during the tour. Prices are subject to change and are seasonal
- Addo 4x4 safari may need to be booked before the tour
- Pickup time is usually from 06:00 AM-07:00 AM. A check-in email will be sent confirming the exact pickup time a day before the tour departs
- Accommodation may change to a similar star grading option if the preferred options listed are not available. Accommodation can only be confirmed after the tour is booked
- Leopards are nocturnal hunters, evasive, and not contained by fences so it's unlikely to see them during these game drives, especially rare in the mountainous and dense vegetation regions of the Western Cape and Garden Route
- A portion of your trip fee is donated to help fund local community projects
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromZAR 9,400.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today