My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: 5-Day Best of Garden Route & Addo Safari47 Reviews
Discover South African wildlife in some of the country's best national parks, traveling along the Garden Route. In this untamed paradise on the southeastern coast you can set your sense of adventure free at beaches, on safari, on ziplines and lots more.
- Go on safari to see most of the Big Five at Addo Elephant National Park
- Zipline through the luscious Tsitsikamma forest
- Hike over suspension bridges with views of a secret beach
- Paddle through the staggering scenery and abundant birdlife
- Jump from the highest commercial bridge bungy
DescriptionGo on an exciting and unique African safari for 5 days. See elephants, ostriches, dolphins and more. Enjoy free time on the beach to surf and explore, and learn from your expert guides about wildlife conservation. Day 1: Route 62Travel about 400 km Start with a morning pickup from Cape Town and Stellenbosch. Ride along Route 62 — the longest wine route in the world, with a wine tasting stop (a non-alcoholic tasting is available too) before reaching Oudtshoorn in the semi-desert Klein Karoo in the late afternoon. For a close encounter with Mother Nature, you'll have the option to join rangers on an Elephant Educational Bush Walk (at extra cost) as they follow 3 lovable rescued elephants along the waterhole to learn about these gentle giants' background, behavior, and character. You can choose to overnight at (Saver package) Uthando Backpackers, (3*Comfort package) 88 van Rheede or (4*Deluxe package) Buffelsdrift lodge. Day 2: OudtshoornTravel about 250 km Wake up in the ostrich capital of the world, visiting a working ostrich farm to get to know more about the largest, flightless bird in the world. Head to the mountains to wander deep underground in the illuminated wonderworld of the Cango Caves. Explore the narrow passages and vast halls filled with ancient stalactites before traveling onward to the Addo region. Overnight at Avaco Cabins, 3* Gerald's Gift or 4* Addo Wildlife lodge Day 3: Addo, Jeffreys BayTravel about 250 km Start the morning early to spot wildlife as the bush awakes in Addo Elephant National Park — the 3rd largest national park in South Africa. You can join an optional 4x4 game drive (with extra cost) and also go on the included 2-hour safari with your guide navigating the park in the tour van in search of some of the Big Five animals in this sanctuary to over 550 elephants, buffalo, lion, black rhino, zebra, and more. Spend your afternoon relaxing at Jeffreys Bay's beach or choose between with surf lessons, beach horseback riding, or sand boarding (optionals at extra cost). Overnight at Island Vibe, 3* Sea Whisper or 4* On The Beach lodge Day 4: Tsitsikamma, Sedgefield Travel about 250 km Adrenalin junkies can experience the highest Bungy Bridge Jump in the world or Waterfall Zipline over waterfalls in the nearby Tsitsikamma forest (optionals at extra cost). Venture into the Tsitsikamma National Park for a forest fix and short walk to the suspension bridges, before a photo stop at Knysna's lagoon viewpoint en route to Sedgefield. Overnight at Pili Pili Beach Cabanas, 3*Fairy Knowe or 4* Dolphin Dunes lodge Day 5: Wilderness Travel about 450 km Take to the water for a leisurely canoeing session to a secret waterfall along the rivers of the Wilderness region. On the journey back to Cape Town you'll get another chance to spot wildlife on a 4x4 Botlierskop game drive (at extra cost) or relax at Mossel Bay's Diaz Beach after a leisurely walk to the Cape St Blaize lighthouse. End with an evening drop-off at your Cape Town or Stellenbosch accommodation between 8 pm to 10 pm.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation (within a 10-kilometer radius of Cape Town and from Stellenbosch) Cango Caves adventure tour Ostrich farm tour Entrance to Addo National Park Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park 2-hour game drive in Addo National Park (by tour bus) Wilderness canoeing Friendly local driver/guide Transportation to the tour's hotspots (licensed and insured vehicles) Accommodation for 4 nights (as per option selected) 4 breakfasts Route 62 wine tasting
- Please note, the tour itinerary can run in reverse or a different order to ensure the optimal experience as per the season
- Optional activities are weather dependent, and can only be booked and paid for on the tour.
- Pickup time is usually about 06:00 to 07:00 on the morning of departure. An email will be sent confirming the exact pick-up time a day before the tour departs
- Prices of optional activities are subject to change and are seasonal
- Accommodation may change to a similar star grading option if the preferred options listed are not available. Accommodation can only be confirmed after the tour is paid for in full
- Double and twin rooms require a minimum and maximum of 2 customers per room
- Leopards are nocturnal hunters, evasive, and not contained by fences so it's unlikely to see them during these game drives, especially rare in the mountainous and dense vegetation regions of the Western Cape and Garden Route.