My Guide Website?
Umzantsi Afrika Tours
Do you want to make your African Dream a reality?
Allow Umzantsi Afrika to work with you to develop the perfect tour package, tailored to your individual needs.
Why not bring your family for an educational holiday where the children can learn all about our diverse cultures, beautiful country and animals? Or perhaps you’d like to hunt fossils in the vast and ancient expanse of the Karoo? Well look no further:
We are Umzantsi Afrika Tours (meaning South Africa in the local XHOSA language) - an award-winning tour group which operates out of the South East African coastal city of Port Elizabeth. Known as the friendly city Port Elizabeth is an attractive holiday destination with an abundance of safe, golden sandy beaches, rich indigenous and colonial history and Port Elizabeth is also close to many exciting malaria-free game parks where you can expect to see the Big 5 in their natural habitat.
Situated at the eastern end of the world-famous Garden Route, Port Elizabeth is seen as the gateway to the diversity of the South African landscape, flora and fauna, and abounds with natural beauty, rich cultural heritage and outdoor adventure.
Umzantsi Afrika tours cover the whole of Southern Africa with special emphasis on the Eastern Cape, Karoo, Cape Town to Port Elizabeth and the picturesque Garden Route including Knysna and Oudtshoorn – home to the ostrich. All of Umzantsi Afrika’s tours are conducted by professional THETA qualified tourist guides in English, German and various other languages. Our tours are varied in nature and can be tailored to suit your group size - from large coach group to smaller more intimate options – your budget and your specific interests or choice of experience.
We have many day or overnight tours for all types of holiday goers, from families to honeymooners, ranging from the Cape Wine routes, Golf packages, Namaqua flower experiences, dolphin / whale-spotting, activity-based outdoor adventures and opportunities to interact directly with elephants – these are experiences not to be missed and have to feature on anyone’s wish-list when visiting South Africa and the Eastern Cape.
Some Popular Tours from Umzantsi Afrika Tours
3 Day Karoo Fossil Tour – from R5490 per person sharing
This three day adventure starting and ending in Port Elizabeth takes in the many wonders of the ancient Karoo region.
- A guided walk (or drive) to the historical monuments and places of interest of Graaff-Reinet.
- Afternoon at the stunning ‘Valley of Desolation’ where you can take in the inspiring views over the gigantic Karoo Basin with the surrounding Mountain Range where Dinosaurs once roamed and can watch a magnificent sunset.
- A visit to Nieu Bethesda and the curious Owl House
- A Fossil Tour where you can observe the 300 million Year old Fossil’s still embedded in the Sandstone
- Visit the only private Fossil Exhibition in South Africa.
- Trip to The Mountain Zebra National Park to see some Zebras and other animals that live in the park.
- Travel through settler towns such of Cradock, Bedford, Adelaide and Fort Beaufort, on the foot of the picturesque Kagga Mountain.
- Visit the old Martel Tower, a stronghold, built during the Frontier Wars between the English Troops and the various ‘Xhosa’ tribes in the 17th & 18th centuries.
- Travel the 400 million Year old Ecca Pass to Grahamstown, known as the City of Saints, due to the large number of places of worship in this town.
- A visit to the Grahamstown museum which is home to the only functional Camera Obscura in the Southern Hemisphere.
- An overnight stay in a Game Park can be added to this 3 day tour, with game drives for an additional R2850 per person sharing.
3 Day Garden Route – from R6470 per person sharing
Also available in longer options of 4 and 5 days, this Garden Route tour allows you to experience the delights of this picturesque and famous South African region. Starting in Port Elizabeth and ending in Cape Town this tour is suitable for all types of holiday maker.
- Travel through the picturesque Tsitsikamma Forest and Coastal National Park.
- Stop for refreshments at the scenic Storms River Bridge
- Visit the Big Tree - a short walk through the serene Tsitsikamma forest takes you to this awe inspiring 800 year old wonder.
- Take in a stunning coastal view at Plettenberg Bay.
- Spend the night in Knysna nestled on the banks of a beautiful lagoon.
- The option to take a sunset cruise across the lagoon to the famous Knysna Heads
- Travel through Sedgefield and the unique eco-system of the 5 lakes.
- Short tour around the historic town of Mossel Bay.
- Travel over the stunning Robinson Pass.
- Visit the Klein Karoo town of Oudtshoorn with a trip to an ostrich farm and maybe even a ride on an ostrich!
- Visit the ancient Cango Caves, and if requested the Cango Crocodile Farm.
- Drive through to Cape Town via the quaint towns and wine routes of Barrydale, Montagu and Robertson, over the beautiful Du Toit's Kloof Pass and through the Paarl Valley.
3 Day Eastern Cape Luxury Safari – from R12450 per person sharing
This exciting 3 day Eastern Cape tour takes in some of the amazing areas and wildlife the Eastern Cape has to offer.
- 1 night at top-class private Eastern Cape Game Lodge – either Hlosi or Bukela Game Reserve – 5* Lodges with traditional African style accommodtion.
- Game Drives in traditional safari style Land Rovers to view the abundant game in its natural habitat.
- 1 night at the famous Addo Elephant National Park for a different game experience.
- An evening/night Game Drive, this time to view the nocturnal wild animals.
- A delicious dinner and a good night’s rest in a luxury tented safari camp.
- Early morning game drive and breakfast at your Addo Lodge followed by a drive through the Addo Elephant National Park to observe the behaviour of some of the approximately 400 Elephants, the recently introduced lions as well as many other buck and animals that roam the area.
6 Day Luxury Safari Garden Route – R17790 per person sharing (min 2 pax)
This 6 day Garden Route tour is the ultimate luxury trip and takes in the best places the Garden Route has to offer.
- Travel through the Tsitsikamma Coastal National Park.
- Stop at the Storms River Bridge and visit the Big Tree, one of the country’s oldest and second largest Outeniqua Yellow Wood trees.
- Optional extra of a Bungee jump at the Bloukrans Bridge - the highest Bungee Jump in the world –217m.
- Lunch in Plettenberg Bay.
- Spend two nights at the stunning Knysna Elephant Park where you can watch and interact with the elephants.
- Visit Knysna and take a ferry to the Featherbed Nature Reserve for a wonderful outing and lunch.
- Dinner in upmarket Plettenberg Bay.
- Travel through Knysna, the lake district, Wilderness, George and on to Oudtshoorn in the Klein Karoo.
- Spend two nights in a luxury safari tent at Buffelsdrift Game Lodge and enjoy an afternoon Game Drive ending with a sundowner on the mountain before returning to camp for sherry and snacks, a second evening watching the animals at the watering hole and a morning Game Drive and the chance to spend some time with baby elephants.
- A visit to the world famous and ancient Cango Caves.
- Visit to an Ostrich Farm.
- Travel to Montagu, going through Calitzdorp, where you can stop to purchase some wine, Ladysmith and Barrydale on the scenic R62 and spend the night at a delightful Montagu Guest House.
- Journey through picturesque towns such as Robertson, Worcester and the Paarl Valley into Cape Town where the tour ends.(Accommodation for this night not included).
Everybody needs an African adventure and we have helped many to achieve that – give us the opportunity to give you yours. Contact the friendly and helpful team using the enquiry form and let your South African experience begin!